Friday, July 24, 2009

Elegant, beautiful, and FREE


Like Dorothy said after her journey to Oz:  "... if I ever go looking for my heart’s desire again, I won’t look any further than my own back yard...."

Well, when your heart desires some pretty blooms or foliage, your own yard is a great place to start!  You can achieve a fabulous arrangement that's chic, simple, gorgeous, and FREE!  For example, just look at these few branches from a Krauter Vesuvius Plum Tree.  My good friends, Laura and Mike, were trimming (as in clipping, not decorating) the plum tree that flanks their front porch and were kind enough to offer me some of the cuttings.  Simply arranged in a vase of water, look how stunning!  And, branches such as these make it easy to achieve a sizable arrangement.  What's more, foliage branches typically last several weeks.  Just be sure to remove any leaves that will be below the water line, give the stems a fresh cut right before putting them into the water, and refresh that water every few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment