Thursday, August 6, 2009

giving credit where credit is due



Immersed in the new issue of Brides Magazine, I of course get most excited about the decorating and floral features.  Nothing was less than gorgeous in the lengthy spread of flower inspirations that was broken down into color schemes.  Superb designs, kudos to all those lucky featured floral designers.
That said, when I got to the "green" and "green blue" collections, my mouth just dropped.  Gorgeous doesn't begin to describe the flowers designed by Ovando NYC.  The bouquets and arrangements were elegant, understated, perfectly balanced, and pleasing to the eye - design technique perfected.  At the same time, they were progressive, thoughtful, artistic, super chic.... definitely "out of the box".  I am third generation in a family that's been in the flower business since the 1920's, and these flowers may be the most impressive I've ever seen.  I highly recommend you peruse the latest issues of Brides.  And you should also see Ovando's web site: http://ovandony.com/
The 2 photos featured here are not from the Brides feature, but they will give you just a glimpse of the skill and artistry mastered by Ovando designers.  Given that bloom boxx serves NJ and NY, one might think I'm crazy to promote "the competition".  To hell with that, I say give credit where credit is due.  I know good flowers when I see them, and my hat's off to Ovando.  Wow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow is right! I looovvvee that pink ball o' beauty. I may have to borrow Brides from you...I don't want anyone getting any ideas if they see me buying it at the newsstand. ;-)

    ReplyDelete